View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Indifferent AFI -- Tucson, AZ -- April 29th, 2006

Yeah yeah, I know nobody cares, but why should you guys have all the fun with show reviews?

First, I went through hell just getting to this show. My ride didn't pan out, so I took two buses, the last of which actually stopped WAY short of the venue, so I ended up having to walk over a mile. Let me say one thing: This was, hands down, the worst crowd I've ever seen. Everyone was drunk or high, or 13-year-olds in mascara. It was also quite hot and sunny, and the security spraying the crowd with hoses was a nice thought, but they overdid it, and I ended up drenched and slightly pissed off. Also, I fucking HATE crowdsurfers, and I got clobbered countless times by people landing on my head When AFI went on, I could barely move, and was just at the mercy of the crowd. I tried my best to sing along and enjoy myself, but it was pretty hard when I was getting pummeled by crowdsurfers and pushed aside by kids trying to get to the front. It's pretty safe to say that I'll think twice before going to another radio festival. That said, the band was fucking great, and they put on an amazing show. These guys are natural performers, no doubt about it. They played a brand new song, which was fan-fucking-tastic. Setlist (not in order):

Miseria Cantare (Intro)
The Leaving Song Part 2
Bleed Black
Silver and Cold
Dancing Through Sunday
Girl's Not Grey
Ever and a Day
Days of the Phoenix
This Secret Ninja
Rabbits Are Roadkill On Route 37
Miss Murder
Totalimmortal
Kill Caustic (new song)
God Called In Sick Today

So in conclusion: Great performance, shitty crowd, somewhat miserable experience. It kind of sucks that this was the first time I'd seen AFI, who are one of my favorite bands, and it was sort of crappy . Oh well, they should be doing their own tour soon. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna take some more aspirin, because it feels like someone took a baseball bat to my upper body

Last edited by powerslave_85; 04-30-2006 at 05:07 PM.