View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 11:58 AM
N00B

Morbid Angel -- New York City, NY -- April 10th, 2006

Ah I couldn't help myself, I have to make at least a brieg post about the show last night.

And holy fucking shit.

As I mentioned, the first band, Despised Icon, was terrible. Not worth talking about.

Krisiun was FUCKING BADASS live. I only have one of their albums (Ageless Venomous), and I never thought that much of it, but as live performers they are awesome. They seemed very touched and excited by the enthusiasm the crowd showed for them. No idea of the setlist.

Behemoth... I was mostly there for them. And they did not disappoint. Wonderful, wonderful live performers, their technical musicianship is clearly present in their show. And what an amazing stage presence--armor, enormous metal spikes, leather robes, corpsepaint, fuck! They were awesome. Didn't get the setlist, but here are the songs I remember them playing (completely out of order):

Decade of Therion
Chant for Eschaton
Antichristian Phenomenon
Christians to the Lions
Horns ov Baphomet
As Above, So Below
Demigod
Conquer All
Slaves Shall Serve
at least one song from their old, black metal albums

They had an encore (the first time they were able to have one in the US!), and I think it may have been a cover, but I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Nergal announced what it was before they played it, but I couldn't understand him.

And then there was the mighty Morbid Angel. Seeing the classic lineup of David Vincent, Trey Azagthoth, and Pete Sandoval (with Tony Norman of Terrorizer) was awe-inspiring, and man did they fucking slay. Great fucking musicianship all around, and Vincent is a fucking badass frontman. Great fucking set, too... what with the reunion of the classic lineup, they did an almost all old-school set, and it was mindblowing. Here are the songs I recall, completely out of order, and probably missing a bunch. Just to give you guys an idea of what they played:

Immortal Rites
Maze of Torment
Lord of All Fevers and Plague
Chapel of Ghouls
Blasphemy
Evil Spells
Fall From Grace
Rapture
Pain Divine
Blood On My Hands
God of Emptiness
Where the Slime Live
Dominate
Hatework

Only disappointment was that I really, really wanted to hear "The Ancient Ones", but they didn't play it, in fact they only played one song from Blessed Are the Sick. But whatever, it was an incredible show. If this tour is coming anywhere near any of you, FUCKING GO!!!