View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Time to re-animate this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Did anybody see the Talking Dead episode last night that previewed the 5th season?
Finallly watched it last night, after finishing up with the last few episodes of Season 4. I'm all caught up on this phenomenal series now.

Wow, what a show. I totally misjudged this thing back when I watched the pilot and thought to myself, "meh, just another zombie show...not surprising, since zombies are supposedly so cool now". It's so much more than that, though. The special effects are truly cutting edge (no pun intended ), the acting is excellent, and the plot writing is simply FANTASTIC. The depth of the moral and ethical dilemmas conjured up in this ongoing saga are captivating, to say the least.

I'm not much of a comic fan these days, but if I had been then I'm sure I would have had a different perspective on this series before going into it, and I certainly wouldn't have waited until the fourth season was over before getting hooked. Now, because of the series, I seriously want to read the books. It just so happens that I know where I can get a bunch of them for free, so I hope to start reading them soon. Can't wait, since I'm keenly aware that, although there are many similarities between the two, the books and the show are separate entities with different plot details that can be enjoyed exclusively of each other.

Regarding the Talking Dead episode, like John said, it was kinda lame. The primary thing that caught my attention was that one of the leading theories about the folks at Terminus is...well, let's just say it coincides with the books. If that's true, it's going to be a hell of a fifth season.

At any rate, I do think I'll enjoy watching the Talking Dead after every episode of the series when it starts up again in October (too long!). It seems like Chris Hardwick and his guests are onto a pretty cool formula with their rabid fanboy/girlism.