View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 11:17 AM
with his arms outstretched

Life of Agony - River Runs Red (1994)

I LOVE Roadrunner Records releases from the 1990’s. That was a time when pretty much EVERYTHING they were releasing was something I liked and it’s still one of my favorite eras of music. At first I didn’t like this album because it was a little lighter than the other Roadrunner stuff I liked (Type O Negative, Fear Factory, Machine Head) and a bit more "hardcore" than I liked. But after a few listens it hit me how beautiful, tourtured and mournful this album was. What really makes this album is Keith (Mina) Caputo's vocals. They're like an instrument in their own. Twenty years later I can still hear the title track and get chills when he sings “I got the razor at my wrist because I can’t resist”. Musically it's great too. I don't mosh. but ther verses inThrough and Through get me there. “RAISE YOUR HANDS IF YOU UNDERSTAND”. Everything else Life of Agony released was crap but this was one that’s still worth checking out. Such a great album. Picking a favorite song was tough. There are about eight songs on here that are my favorite when I'm listening to it. Then another comes on and I'm like, "shit no this one is my favorite". But you gotta go with the title track.
Favorite Song: River Runs Red

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2