View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.

Yeah it was definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to. I'll take leave from one of the other threads and post my disorganized thoughts

- Kvelertak kick ass but their vocalist is a bit too spit-happy. I got a face full of it at one point.
-Also he came up to me on the rail several times and started screaming in my face. I don't speak Norwegian. This was more awkward than anything. Also the first time he did it I didn't notice because I was headbanging and I got a face full of sweaty torso.

- The Palladium's rail setup was a fucking disgrace. They had it curved like a half-moon meaning all crowd push converged to the front center no matter what direction it was going. I'm a big guy and this wasn't my first rodeo but the amount of pressure going onto that rail during Gojira was downright punishing. Worth it though.

- Out of the 3 times I've been to the Palladium this was the best sound quality I've seen. Usually it's loud to the point of distortion but it seemed spot on all night.

- The crowd was way rowdier for Mastodon than I expected them to be. That floor was crazy.

Also I got a broken drumstick from Mario, and Joe called me out between songs saying "you seem to be having a good day", and had me hold up the stick to the crowd. He later threw me 2 picks