Thread: 2014 Movies
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 11:15 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Amazing Spidey 2 was even better than I thought it was going to be. I disagree with the previous posters who said the soundtrack sucked - I thought it was absolutely perfect for the main villain, who I'm sure everybody knows is Electro. The fact that the music in the Electro scenes was mainly electronic and totally sinister really amped up the scenes with him in them (pun fully intended).

Seriously, some of you metalheads need to stop automatically hating any and all music that sounds even remotely electronic. It's really getting old, and you're really missing out on some good stuff. I'm not a fan of dubstep or bass drops, but there's a time and place for everything, and what better use of that type of sound than when an all-powerful, omnipresent psychopath is razing Times Square to the ground using gigantic bolts of electricity?

Plus, there was actually some damn decent acting in this film. I was shocked (pun not intended). When I go to a superhero movie, I don't necessarily expect that, but it was great to see. Granted, the top superhero movie in that regard is still X-Men: First Class, but Amazing Spidey 2 was right up there among the best.

I also thought the length of the action scenes was just about right. I think some people felt they weren't long enough because they couldn't stomach the dramatic parts and wanted nothing but action the entire time, which is also why I'm guessing people thought it was too long. Could it have been paced a little better? Maybe, but I didn't think the movie was brutally long or anything.

I suppose a bit more development of Electro's character could have improved the film a bit - that's the only negative comment I agree with, but to me it wasn't a dealbreaker. If we're talking about villains other than him, then I agree that more would have been better, but that's obviously coming in the sequel(s).

Overall, it's the best Spidey film to date. Go see it on the big screen - video just ain't cuttin' it for this movie.
I just thought music overall was lame not because it was electronic just wasn't good tunes in general especially the lyrics for that Electro music.

I thought the movie was entertaining and has much more potential for the next one.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15