Thread: 2014 Movies
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Wow, y'all loved TASM 2, huh? I'll see how I fair when I watch it again when it's out on DVD. Loved the human story, didn't dig the hero parts as much at all, but to each their own.

Apologies in hindsight for the spoilery material, my lesser opinion of the film made me forget not everyone will dislike it for the same reasons.
Well, to put it in perspective, I didn't think much of the first ASM film, and thus pretty much expected this one to suck, but the trailers started looking pretty good so my outlook had perked up a bit. It surpassed my expectations. Having said that, I don't know if I would say I loved it - just that it pleasantly surprised me by sucking even less than I figured it would and even impressing me in certain ways (such as the decent acting in certain scenes, the fact that the action scenes with Electro were pretty outstanding, and the fact that the soundtrack fit the scenes he was in very well).

I also said it's the best Spidey film thus far mostly because I wasn't much of a fan of Tobey Maguire or Kirsten Dunst, and this film was much darker, which I liked. Truth be told, Spidey probably shouldn't be as dark as a character like Batman, for example, and the Maguire movies were probably more accurate to the theme of the comics, but I just tend to like a little bit of gravity in superhero films, which is why I liked X-Men: First Class and Cap 2 so much (and of course the Dark Knight Trilogy).

Last edited by Natrlhi; 05-07-2014 at 08:53 AM.