View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 06:59 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Final Fantasy II
Japanese Release Date: December 17th, 1988
North American Release Date: April 8th, 2003
Original Platform: Nintendo Entertainment System
Rereleased on: Sony Playstation, Game Boy Advance, Mobile Phone, Playstation Portable

This game really did improve on the original in many ways. The story was structured in a way that was a lot easier to follow than the first game. And characters seemed to have a purpose. The problem with this game is what everyone will tell you. The leveling system is a total mess. If you want higher defense or hit points; get hit. If you want strength stats; use physical attacks. You want strong cure magic; cast cure. It sounds easy but it’s frustrating and totally random. I’ve spent hours trying to grind stats to end up getting nothing, and then gotten a ton of stats in a matter of minutes at random. It takes any enjoyment out of the game. The game went unreleased in North America for sixteen years and I’ve only played the Playstation version, which I’m sure cleaned things up quite a bit. I can only imagine how much this game sucks on a buggy, crashing NES. This is the only Final Fantasy I ever started and never finished. Try this one if you want but it’s as bad as any reviews you read say it is.

Favorite Moment: those rare times you actually gain hit points
Best Song: the Main Theme/Overworld
Gameplay Demo: just walking around some castle
Rating: 1 out of 5 (but it would be a 3 or 3.5 if it wasn’t for the terrible leveling design)

Final Boss: the Emperor
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 04-09-2014 at 12:10 AM.