View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 07:59 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I really liked The Agonist and never got into AE too much.
That's cuz your a idjit

Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Why would that matter?
It shouldn't, but I've noticed over the years that, given a choice between a thing from the U.S. and a thing from Europe, you tend to favor the thing from Europe no matter what, especially of it's British. (and of course, I'd expect nothing different)

This is why I think it's foolish of AE to not accompany the announcement with a song from the new album.

Originally Posted by Steev View Post
I remember hearing The Agonist cover Dark Tranquility, I dont think I liked it

otherwise the only thing I know is she was in Revolver like 8 years ago going on a straight edge tirade
Irrelevant on both counts. The Agonist isn't writing the music here - Arch Enemy is, and since when does a vocalist being straight-edge (or not) affect the band's sound?

There was nothing at all wrong with Khaos Legions. In fact, I recall it being very popular when it was released.
Exactly. Khaos Legions was a damned decent release, and Root of All Evil was essentially a re-release of old AE stuff with Angela's vocals on it, which turned out even better than I'd expected.

Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
I must be one of the few who likes AE with Angela
I don't see this being the case at all. Who said that? If anything, I think the majority of folks like Angela. That's why people are a bit concerned that Alissa will be able to adequately fill her shoes.
9/2 Chelsea Wolfe
10/16 Kylesa / Inter Arma / Indian Handcrafts / Irata
11/13 Windhand / Monolord
12/30 Clutch (?)