View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 10:46 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I can't believe Pete's been gone for almost four years. I have the utmost respect for Dio, Dimebag and all the other idols that have fallen. But Peter's the one that hits me the hardest.
Same here. The first couple Type O records are some of my all-time favourites, and even though I discovered Carnivore much later, those two albums are pretty solid as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Fucking awesome record. Though I do find it strange how everyone calls it punk-rock and crossover like when to me it has a lot more in common with Black Sabbath. There's at least 5 more Sabbath like groove moments then there are punk moments.

My favorite song is probably USA for USA than if for no other reason it starts with the line "LISTEN TO THIS ALL YOU DOUCHEBAGS! ITS TIME TO LAY DOWN THE LAW!"

If the album has a flaw, its the Jimi Hendrix cover. It's not necessarily bad, but it really doesn't need to be there.
There are definitely some pretty Sabbath-sounding moments on Retaliation. I just think it sounds punk or hardcore throughout most of the reord -- songs like "Inner Conflict" and "SMD" are pretty good examples. I forgot to mention the cover song -- probably because as you said, it's not bad but it doesn't make me want to listen to it either. I prefer the Metallica model of not including covers on studio records.