View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

10.The Lord Of The Rings Online

Genre(s): MMORPG

This was the very first MMORPG I've ever played, and to me it's by far the best.I've tried MANY other MMORPG's and non of them even come close to this one right here.The combat is good, the abilities for each class are really well-done, the visuals are awesome, the number of weapons and armor in the game is beyond a counting point, and it's set in Middle-Earth (the greatest fantasy world ever created, try to deny it).I was falt out addicted to this game for about two years and put a lot of money into it (wasn't a VIP but I tried to buy every expansion), but after spending so much time leveling and buying expansions, I just got tired.And with that said we come to the only weak point of the game (IMO), and that's the money that is required.Now, unlike many MMORPG's that are FTP, this isn't a pay-to-win game.You can get just about all powerful weapons and armor without purchasing anything from the Turbine store.The problem is after completing the first like four or five areas, you have to buy an expansion.And I have no problem with saving to buy an expansion, but when you have so many of them that cater towards the end game (and are getting more expensive as they come out), it's just not worth it.It takes a long time to get to the level that the game is catering towards now, and they really need to consider making older expansions free.That's the sole reason why this game is not higher, but everything else about the game is incredible.