View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
I love it. I've been a casual fan for 2 or 3 years, but the new disc has actually made me more of a fan than before. I was surprised when I originally read that you weren't sold on it. I wasn't sure that we were listening to the same disc, ha ha. I am really bummed that I missed seeing them in St. Louis last night. Stupid weather hosed my trip.
It took a while to grow on me, but it happened. Long story short, it made my top ten for 2013 (so yeah, I came around ). Glad to hear there's another fan out there. They are criminally underrated, I think. A few folks on here like them, but I don't think they get the amount of praise they truly deserve in the grand scheme of post-metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
I don't think you are necessarily a fan of doom, but you should check out the new Avatarium disc. I think you might like it and I would be interested in what you think of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
The Other Nat may laugh, but you're both correct in a way. I'd be lying if I said I was a fan of traditional doom, but I do certainly get into some of the newer flavors. Based on listening to a few tracks, I'd say Avatarium reminds me of a much more highly polished version of Jex Thoth, Castle or Witch Mountain. I like what I've heard so far, but it their sound does seem a bit sterile to me, what with the ultra-clean production and whatnot. I think I like my doom a little dirtier and fuzzier, but again, it's not bad. First impressions, mind you.

At any rate, thanks for the recommendation. I'll check 'em out more later.