View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 02:31 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
In my continuing quest rewatching the great years of wrestling, I'm watching No Way Out 1998. I know this was about the only real lazy ppv WWF had in '98. But with it setting up WM14 it's to be expected.

My question is in the big 8 man match that's Owen/Austin/Cactus/Chainsaw vs HHH/NAO/Savio, how is the addition of Savio not remembered more fondly as being one of the bigger letdowns in their history? Savio? I mean was Brakus or Tom Brandi busy? From reading there was a big hype over the replacement and that Houston crowd hated that announcement. Is it bc '98 was such a great year so that's just swept under the rug?
Yeah, Savio for HBK is a huge loss. I thought that was a decent event for a "non-major" PPV. Kane belting Vader in the face with that wrench was pretty real looking, haha.

Been watching a lot of old school wrestling lately. In the past couple weeks I've watched The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin, SummerSlam Anthology 98-02 in full (SS 98 Undertaker vs Austin title match is one of my all time favorites), No Way Out 2002, WM 2000, and lot's of random Undertaker matches on YT. Fiance says I'm "obsessed lately."

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 02-02-2014 at 02:34 PM.