View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Death by Metal

Dark Tranquillity -- Atlanta, GA -- February 1st, 2014

Its very rare for me to see a tour that I haven't seen any of the bands on the bill, and last night was one of those cases. Doors were at 7 and Exmortus took the stage at 8.

There was a decent size crowd started to fill in right before Exmortus were set to go on. I went to the merch booth real quick to pick up a copy of their new CD which isn't released until Monday. The band signed it for me and I got a picture with them and then they went on stage. They got 30 minutes and most of their set came from their new album. Everybody was talking last night how they're usually not impressed with the openers all, but everybody thought that Exmortus were great. 7/10

Omnium Gatherum has never played the US before and last night was the first show of the tour (besides 70,000 tons of metal) so it was really cool seeing a band that's been around for a while and their first time playing the US was Atlanta. I'm not too familiar with most of their material, but I really liked what I've heard so I was looking forward to seeing them. They also played a lot of new material, and everybody in the crowd seemed really into them. They got a 50 minute set which is more than some headliners play (Vader). 8/10

A lot of my friends talk about how awesome Dark Tranquility is and I've tried listening to them on album and they just seemed OK to me, but nothing special. So I wanted to get into them and I figured seeing them live would be the best way. While they were setting up their stage I noticed they had a huge projector set up and stayed up for the rest of their set. Most bands that play smaller venues like the Masquerade usually don't have something like that so it was cool seeing. They played for an hour and a half so get your necks ready to headbang! 9/10

Exmortus:

1) Rising...
2) Slave to the sword
3) Immortality Made Flesh
4) Kneel before the Steel
5) Triumph by Fire

Omnium Gatherum:

1) Luoto
2) New Dynamic
3) New World Shadows
4) The Sonic sign
5) Soul Journeys
6) Living I'm Me
7) The Unknowing
8) Nail
9) Deep cold

Dark Tranquility:

1) The Science of Noise
2) White Noise/Black Silence
3) Lost to Apathy
4) What Only You Know
5) The Fatalist
6) The Silence in Between
7) Zero Distance
8) The Mundane and the Magic
9) Punish My Heaven
10) The Wonders at Your Feet
11) Monochromatic Stains
12) Iridium
13) Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)
14) State of Trust
15) ThereIn
16) Endtime Hearts
17) Final Resistance

18) Lethe
19) Misery's Crown