Originally Posted by mattlion
They can say want they want, but they shot themselves in the foot a few ways:
1. Year 2 in Detroit. Um, no.
2. Not doing full headlining sets both nights. They know most of the people there would love this. It worked pretty well in AC.
3. Band choices. If you care about the money, you aren't going to fill out your lineup with hipster bands. You can't have it both ways. You can either bring more bands your fans like, or bring Lars' flavor of the month.
4. Festivals that work (in both Europe and the US) are held in the same spot at the same time every year and have a specific audience in mind.
5. Not playing AJFA in its entirety and not announcing beforehand they were playing KEA in its entirety. That would've brought in a ton more people.
"YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO SEE THESE 2 RECORDS PLAYED IN THEIR ENTIRETY IN HONOR OF THEIR 30TH & 25TH ANNIVERSARIES"