View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 03:26 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Appreciate the love from you guys. I'll try and finish this shit tonight. Here's #3 for the moment:
3.The Dillinger Escape Plan-One of Us is the Killer

One of Us is the Killer is the most restrained attack The Dillinger Escape Plan has unleashed thus far. By restrained I mean there's more moments to breathe in-between the musical tornadoes Dillinger stirs up than ever before. The artsier direction of the album sees Dillinger crafting two of the best slow songs of their career in "Nothing's Funny" and "One of Us is the Killler" (which is essentially a showcase of the amazing vocal range Greg Puiciato has.) Of course for every slow song, there are also songs like "Prancer" and "When I Lost My Best" that just rip your face off with the relentless, pummeling energy they give off. As usual with Dillinger, my favorite moments of One of Us is the Killer is when the two sides of their sound collide on the same track. Much of the second half of the album sees the band crafting songs with big hooks, beautiful melodic passages and moments of balls-out insanity ("Paranoia Shields", "Crossburner" and "Magic That I Held You Prisoner" being the standouts) and the results are just glorious. Dillinger may have become a bit more accessible with One of Us is the Killer, but they sure as hell aren't softening up. It's beautiful, it's chaotic, it's the Dillinger fucking Escape Plan.

Standout Tracks
1.Paranoia Shields
2.One of Us is the Killer
3.Crossburner
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/