View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 12:33 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
That's a somewhat legitimate risk, but do you think putting age restrictions on shows is a legitimate way to deal with that risk? I just think there's better ways of dealing with it than prohibiting all underage kids from attending.

Also, c'mon, man. Prohibiting 12 year olds from driving is completely different than prohibiting them from attending a show. Do you think the risk of letting 12 year olds go to a show is nearly as dangerous as letting them drive?
So what's your better way of dealing with it? Give kids a fitness test to make sure they can deal with the rigors of a metal show? Base it on facial hair growth? I'd love to live in your concert-goers' utopia, but kids aren't allowed to do certain things for a reason.

And you know what? Based on what I was like when I was 12, behind the wheel probably would be a safer place than a mosh pit for me. I was like 6' and 130 lbs. I would have gotten snapped like a twig in a mosh pit -- I was probably smart enough to control a vehicle in average conditions.

Also, there's that whole liquor license thing that Mankvill mentioned as well. Drunk kids, while entertaining are generally frowned upon. I mean, you could do the age cut-off at some arbitrary age like 16 but then you have to do armbands and security checks at every single show. Keep it simple and just go with the drinking age. Concerts can be dangerous places.

Last edited by El Gordo; 01-19-2014 at 12:35 PM.