View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 09:20 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Sick
Cannabilistic Torment
Genre: Slam Death Metal

Technically this album was released in December of 2012, but didn't see a widespread release till early 2013, so I'm including it. I found an article that linked this vid. The band used this as a marketing premise: "Slam in the style of Devourment's 'Molesting the Decapitated'." Uh, ok. Arguably the best slam death album in history, they're making something similar? Ok. Doubt it'd be anything near it, but I gave it a shot. Glad I did. This album is actually quite similar to MTD (not as good, obviously). Similar muddy, yet somehow awesome production, similar guitar tone and bass mix, and above all, stylistically it's very similar. Lot's of grind/slam/grind/slam. Simple, yet effective. Their vocalist is pretty talented, too. I think Ruben Rosas (the vocalist on MTD) is posesser of one the most insanely inhuman set of vocal chords ever put on Earth. Just crazy the shit he can do. That's why it was such a shame he moved to guitar after that album. But anyway, back to Sick. Their vocalist can make some insanely low guttural's, some of the best I've heard. The 5th track, 'Eviscerating the Corpulant', is my favorite. Absolutely insane track. This album really is pretty similar to Molesting the Decapitated, but has some differences to still make it unique in it's own right. A huge, pleasant suprise.

Cannabilistic Torment (full album)

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)