View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

11. Ramming Speed

Bill: Ramming Speed, In Defence, Disaster Strikes, Opposition Rising, Yautja, Terminal Crisis
Venue: Cambridge Elks
Date: December 3, 2013

Ramming Speed is one of my favorite local bands. Probably my favorite. I've seen them 7 or 8 times now, and each time is memorable. This was Ramming Speed's last local show as a Boston band, as they are moving down to Richmond, VA. Kinda sad, but I will be there any time they come back into town. Also my girlfriend's first time seeing Ramming Speed, and she had fun.

The first band that played was Terminal Crisis. The band features members of Draize and Curmudgeon. Decent band, nothing amazing but decent.

Yautja played next. They were on tour, I think from Tennessee. They were decent, wasn't super into them but not bad.

Opposition rising played next. They are a local punk band with shout-along choruses. They were a lot of fun, lots of people were in the pit and singing the lyrics. Good stuff.

Disiaster Strikes played next. We didn't really watch them, so I don't have much to say about them.

In Defence was up after Disaster Strikes, and they were pretty cool thrash/crossover type stuff. Kinda goofy lyrics, which i'm usually not too into, but they were fun.

Ramming Speed played last. I've seen them so many times, but each time I have a lot of fun. Everyone was into them as usual. I was near the back, but they sounded good and played a great set. I'm sad to see them go, but I know that I will see them again.