View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 07:19 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

13. Black Twilight Circle

Bill: Volahn, Arizmenda, Bilirubin, Blue Hummingbird on the Left, Sangus Legionaries
Venue: House
Date: July 5, 2013

I'll be honest, I'm not that familiar with the Black Twilight Circle crew. I know who they are and stuff, but I really don't know their material and all that. I just wanted to go cause it seemed like it would be a good time and I wanted to check them out. I couldn't go to the date in Cambridge on July 4th cause I had to work, but I went down to Providence with my brother to check them out.

First band was a local black/thrash band, Sangus Legionaries. This was my first time seeing them, and they were fucking cool. Some songs were straight up black metal but some had a thrashy, Bathory type feel to them. I was really digging their set. Great local band to open the show.

Next, Black Twilight Circle played. I honestly can't tell you the order of the different bands, cause like I said I'm not that familiar with them, but they were all pretty awesome. Basically the group all took turns playing different instruments within the different bands. I thought it was really cool that they could all play multiple instruments and sound really good. The last 2 bands played with all the lights off, which was kinda cheesy but it was cool. Kind of a long drive to see a show with bands that I'm not even that familiar with, but it was a good time.