View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

18.Kanye West-Yeezus

If you had told me in 2013 that I would enjoy Kanye West record this much, I would've questioned your sanity. I've never been a fan of West before, but Yeezus changed that immediately. Yeezus is the work of a man that wanted to break the confines of mainstream hip-hop and make a bold, bizarre record that didn't gel with the industry norms of a popular artist and West did just that. While it isn't quite Death Grips in terms of aggression and industrial, lo-fi production, there is a lot of rage and emotion delivered from West on this record backed by a plethora of amazing beats. From the pounding synths and percussion of album openers "On Sight" and "Black Skinhead" to the so-bizarre it's amazing sample of "Strange Fruit" by Nina Simone on "Blood on the Leaves", West makes a lot of bold, unconventional choices on this record that pay off handsomely. Yeezus is an album that is as in-your-face and over-the-top as West himself and even with a couple of filler tracks, it's one of the most exciting and refreshing albums of 2013.

Standout Tracks
1.On Sight
2.Black Skinhead
3.Blood on the Leaves
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/