View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Humanaut

EP/Compilation/Live Albums of 2013 - #37-#30

37. Adema - Topple the Giants

From a 5-piece down down to a 3-piece. 4 re-recorded songs as a 3-piece that were played with 4 or 5 people before. Out of the 7 tracks presented, none of the 3 original tracks stand out at any point. To top it all off, the worst album artwork in recent memory. The worst EP of 2013. Hands down.

36. The Acacia Strain - Money for Nothing

"So I just found out a second ago that Prosthetic Records is putting out a “rarities” TAS record, without anyone knowing. It has b sides from Dead Walk and Continent sessions plus re brown noise from Dead Walk sessions. DONT BUY IT. DOWNLOAD THE FUCK OUT OF IT." - Daniel “DL” Laskiewics (Ex-lead guitar player for TaS). That about sums this up.

35. Adrenaline Mob - Coverta

There is something wrong when you do an EP that is all covers when you only have one full album under your belt.

34. A Perfect Circle - Three Sixty

The deluxe edition is what I should have went with because the standard edition is kind of a disappoint. The standard edition comes off as a money grabbing scheme.

33. Anthrax - Covers

It was interesting to see Anthrax cover the songs that make up this EP but they just didn't do it for me when compared to the originals. I'm not hating on Anthrax, they just played it safe with this. Everyone does that though.

32. Entites - Aether

Another single word djent name band (it has become a recurring theme). I don't have any problems at all with djent. In fact, it's one of my favorite genres (but I refer to it as modern metal since that is what it was referred to as when I first got into it). No originality here though. Big letdown.

31. MIRA - Three Pound Universe

I found this band through a Last.FM recommendation on a friend's page. See #32 above but with an actual bit of creativity.

30. Blind Guardian - An Extraordinary Tale

Only available with the "A Traveler’s Guide to Space and Time" box set, it's full of a bunch of demo tracks.

Last edited by illninoese; 01-07-2014 at 02:24 PM.