View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 05:49 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
But they're angry metalcore/hardcore. Do you expect them to write "epic" songs with massive and frequent tempo changes and 10 riffs per song, or "hugely atmospheric overtones"? Seems everything that doesn't include the aforementioned is deemed low quality here. And I'm only half trying to be sarcastic. That's a serious question that I know will bring a smart ass response (not necessarily from you, but from someone).

Not trying to be a dink or start an argument, but for what they are and what they strive to be, I don't think you can say Hatebreed is "sub-par". Their last 2 albums, sure. Subpar for them.

And again, not trying to stir up the poop, what are they "sub-par" in comparison to? Keep in mind their genre.
In the world of hardcore, I just think that Hatebreed is just lowest common denominator, boring hardcore. I will say though that I probably would hate them only half as much as I do if Jamey Jasta didn't exist. His vocals are shit and I hate his fucking face. I also hate that in a genre with so many great bands, that one so mediocre happens to have the most popularity.
1/9 Skull Fist
1/10 Cruel Hand
1/16 Mayhem
1/23 Sea of Shit