View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

28.Action Bronson-Blue Chips 2

You would be hard-pressed to find a 2013 record that's as whacked-out and hilarious as Action Bronson's new mixtape Blue Chips 2. Bronson teams up with producer Party Supplies for this sequel to their 2012 collaboration and the results are about as unorthodox and bonkers as you would expect from these two. Party Supplies likes to use a lot of weird shit in his songs. There's beats with bongos, latin guitar, strings arrangements that came straight out of a kung-fu movie and hell Bronson even raps over "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman on "Amadu Diablo". The only thing weirder than the beats are the random commercials and samples placed throughout the album. I mean what other hip-hop record are you going to get samples from Applebees commercials, "Sussudio" and Allen Iverson's infamous "We talkin bout practice" rant? These strange beats and samples for make a unique, unpredictable and frequently hilarious listening experience. In terms of the actual rapping, Bronson is a lot more polished than on his other 2013 release Saaab Stories. Bronson just seems a lot more in his element working with Party Supplies than he did with Harry Fraud and it shows in his lyrics and energy on the mic. Blue Chips 2 might not be my favorite hip-hop release of 2013, but it's certainly the most entertaining.

Standout Tracks
1.Silverado
2.The Don's Cheek
3.It's Me
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/