Thread: A Slappy 2013!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datjazzfusion View Post
REALLY REALLY solid top 10.
Three of them are in mine (Nails, Gorguts, Deafheaven)
The others I did not finish but liked what I heard (Subrosa, Light Bearer, Children of God, Lycus)
Others that were good but not quite in my top 10 (My Bloody Valentine)
Albums that I completely were unaware of that sound promising (Fen, Usnea)

Nice man! Definitely give SubRosa and Light Bearer more of your time. Thanks for checking it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Those top three are
I concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
2:30 on "Where Do They Go?" is my favorite part on all of WSFTTS. But yeah, that whole album is incredible. Again, nice write-ups. I should check out that new Pray for Teeth - I loved their 2-song EP a couple years ago.

Oh yeah, and does anything on m b v touch (or even approach) the brilliance of Sometimes? Because that really is the only mbv song I enjoy listening to.
Yeah, that part of "Where Do They Go?" is great. Absolutely crushing live. And the Pray For Teeth album isn't too much like the 2 song EP. Definitely more Post-Metal, but the vibes are similar. And if you want something that sounds exactly like the track Sometimes, you're not gonna find it on m b v. But I'd say just give those two tracks a whirl, just to see if you can dig it.

Again, thanks guys for reading. Makes it that much sweeter knowing somebody gives a shit about what I have to say.