View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

33.Rob Zombie-Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor

Speaking of bounceback albums, no one recovered from their weak last album in 2013 better than Rob Zombie. Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor is a return to form of sorts for Zombie after his underwhelming last release Hellbilly Deluxe 2. The only thing underwhelming about Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor is its incredibly stupid title This record sees Zombie going back to what he does best: make fun, horror-inspired industrial metal. Zombie jam packs the entire record with lively hooks and a contagious sinister spirit. It's evident that he hasn't had this much fun making music in a long time and he just lets loose on this record. "Lucifer Rising", "Teenage Nosferatu Pussy" (one of my favorite song titles recent memory) and "Behold, the Pretty Filthy Creatures! in particular are just a pure unadulterated good time. For the duration of this record, you can't help getting fully immersed into Zombie's world of all things horror-related, he just makes it sound so damn appealing. In addition to the fun Zombie is having with the music, I really liked the old-school vibe this record has. There's a lot of 80's- inspired keyboard parts and some nice, traditional heavy metal solos from Zombie's long time axeman John 5 (who shreds as always) scattered throughout the record giving it an undeniable vintage flair. Hell there's even a surprisingly awesome cover of "We're An American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad on this record! Rob Zombie has always had a prominent classic rock/horror punk influence, but its never been more in the forefront of his music than on Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor. Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor marks the return of vintage Rob Zombie and as a longtime fan, I'm glad he's back after a brief descent into shit.

Standout Tracks
1.Lucifer Rising
2.Behold, the Pretty Filthy Creatures!
3.Revelation Revolution

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/