View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:08 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

God that's awful. I didn't know it was going to be Netflix like, I thought it was gonna be like an actual channel. For $15 dammit, I want my XFL replays shown as well!!!!

I don't want it to fail because its WWE but honestly if there's going to be so much stupid shit on there that might BARELY have anything to do w/ wrestling then yea I hope to god it goes belly up. If you are someone who still likes WWE now and gets the PPVs every month then yes its a damn good deal. I remember reading that the 4 big PPVs (Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam & Survivor Series) wouldn't be included but the other 8 would be. Not sure if it got changed to just WM or not. They should be nice and if you get the WWE channel they should give you some kind of $ amount off of the 4 main PPVs if that's indeed how they are doing it.

Edit:
After looking it up, it is all non WM PPVs that will be viewable on WWE Network. I'll just copy off of Wikipedia:

"According to reports, WWE's current plan for the network is to launch it during the 1st quarter of 2014, specifically February 24, the day after the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.[1] According to other reports, "the initial price point will be in the $10-$12 a month range, with the sign-up being for 6 months; WrestleMania 30 will be viewable on the network, with the plan still being reported as every non-WrestleMania pay-per-view airing on the network in the future; the network won't be a channel on TV, but an app-like service along the lines of Netflix that the viewer will be able to watch online and on devices like smart TVs, PS3, PS4, XBox 360, Xbox One and so on; there will be a live 24/7 stream of content on the network, which is the thing that will separate it from apps like Netflix. However, on-demand viewing will still be a part of the network, as the entire library of RAW and SmackDown episodes, as well as pay-per-views, will be available to watch at launch."

That doesn't sound terrible honestly. I like the app idea along w/ the entire library of Raw/Smackdown episodes. The only thing that I wonder about is what about the WCW/ECW library? I know that you can only keep so much stuff on demand for everybody but I wonder if those other 2 promotions will be represented on there? Obviously I know that there's just as many people who would want WCW/ECW stuff as the would WWE stuff. I don't see myself getting this (not anytime soon atleast) but depending the response and content I'd be open. *Wife approval required of course.

Last edited by 300%_Density; 01-02-2014 at 12:17 PM.