View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 07:37 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Let the top 50 commence!
50.Chance the Rapper-Acid Rap

20 year-old Chance the Rapper has been the hot shit rapper of 2013 thanks to his new mixtape Acid Rap. You look at just about any publication's year-end best list and Chance is on it. It took me awhile to warm up to it and I certainly don't think it's revolutionary as a lot of people of do, but Acid Rap is solid and unique hip-hop. Think of Chance as a drugged-out version of Childish Gambino. He raps in an incredibly high-pitched voice, frequently sings his hooks and makes a bunch of abstract references that take a bit to fully understand just like Gambino, except he also a love of LSD and other psychedelic drugs. What makes Chance unique is his jazzy, oddball production. His lyrics don't always shine, but his production is consistently diverse and interesting. I also have to give him props for the guest spots. Despite being unsigned and basically brand-new on the scene, he got the likes of Ab-Soul, Action Bronson, Twista and Gambino himself to appear on this record, which is completely awesome (not to mention Action Bronson's verse on "NaNa" is one of his funniest and flat-out best.) With the 2013 he's had, Chance the Rapper is no doubt on his way to become one of the most popular and dynamic acts in underground hip-hop.

Standout Tracks
1.NaNa (feat. Action Bronson)
2.Juice
3.Favorite Song (feat. Childish Gambino)

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 12-31-2013 at 06:36 PM.