View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 04:57 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

30.) The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack

A step up from their last record, that was pretty damn good, but didn't really pack the punch that this one does and Deflorate did. The first song "In Hell Is Where She Waits For Me" is really lackluster, but after that every track is blistering, death metal goodness. "Raped in Hatred by Vines of Thorn" is the catchiest song they've ever written aside from maybe "What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse."

Raped in Hatred by Vines of Thorn
Their Beloved Absentee

29.) Boris - Präparat

Honestly I'm also pretty new to Boris as well with Akuma No Uta being the only album I'd heard by them previously. The album starts off with a couple post-rock sounding tracks until track 5, "Method of Error" where it changes directions to a more sludge/drone route for the next couple tracks and then finish the record with a blending of the two styles. The sludge and drone material definitely shine through the most while the post-rock is just a nice setup for when your ears get kicked in the dick by heavy.

Method of Error
Bataille Sucre

28.) Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels

This is the best hip-hop album to be released this year and "DDFH" is the best hip-hop song. It's a collaboration between rappers El-P (whose album, Fantastic Damage is great) and Killer Mike (who I've never listened to before). The beats are massive, the hooks are catchy and the lyrics are entertaining. Killer Mike and El-P compliment each other perfectly.

Run the Jewels
DDFH

27.) Iron Reagan - Worse Than Dead

Better than Municipal Waste's last two or three records. Iron Reagan sounds exactly like Municipal Waste (they share a guitarist and vocalist) except with more of a hardcore sound to the crossover. This is just really catchy thrash and chances are if you dig Municipal Waste, you'll also dig this. "I Predict the Death of Harold Camping" is the best song title of 2013, made even better by the fact that Harold Camping died this year.

Cycle of Violence
Eyes Piss Tears

26.) Primitive Man - Scorn

Primitive Man play a style of blackened sludge not unlike Withered (who Ethan, the vocalist/guitarist, recently joined), but far better. The two ambient/random noise tracks go on a little too long, but otherwise all the actual songs are great. The atmosphere of Scorn is one of utter desolation and contempt for the existence of mankind.

Antietam
Astral Sleep
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep