View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 04:28 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

5 Biggest Disappointments

These aren't neccessarily the 5 worst albums to my ears of the year, just the ones I was disappinted in the most.

Ghost
Infestissumam

Not a bad album, but absolutely nothing stood out to me, nor did this album ever make me want to play it again after I listened a few times. I thought the band were some fake ass hipsters (still do, to an extent), but I then saw them live at the 2012 Orion Fest and really enjoyed their performance, so I checked out their first album and liked it. Was excited to check this out, but was thoroughly disappointed. So bland and uninspired in comparison to their first album, it seems. One of my partners at work is in a rock band, older dude, outstanding guitar player, and during down time at work I'm always playing various metal for him. Some of which he likes, some he doesn't. When I played this, he says "Who the hell are these guys?" I gave him a brief history on the band and his response was "I don't care for it. Sounds like an average pop band trying to play Blue Oyster Cult." I almost couldn't believe it, cause that's about exactly how I'd describe this album. Not anything I'll ever listen to again.

07/21-Devourment (?)
07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)