View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 04:21 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Slayer
November 30, 2013
@ Tsongas Center
Lowell, MA

I had mixed feeling about Slayer continuing after Jeff's passing, and downright negative feelings after they fired Dave. I still think the band should just bring Dave back, do a final worldwide farewell tour, and call it quits. But anyway............

I had told myself that I was done buying Slayer albums or seeing them live unless they were closeby, due to the aforementioned reasons. But after reading reviews here and a few other places about how excellent the first shows were on this tour, I decided to recruit the crew and do a little road trip for their Lowell show. Other than being slammed hungover from the night before, such an awesome show. I can't consider this the best Slayer show I've been to considering it was without Jeff, but I have no problem giving it the runner up out of the 9x I've seen them. The atmosphere was great, the floor was very intense for a North American crowd and the band was fucking outstanding. It was without a doubt the absolute best I've ever heard Tom sound at any of the shows I've seen. He didn't hold back at all. My friend, who's seen Slayer with me 3x andisn't a hardcore fan of the band said it was by far their best performance. Not only the best show of the year easily, might be in my top 10 of all time.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)