View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 08:47 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
I'm very unfamiliar with most of these albums. I will try to remedy that.

Your tastes certainly seem to have changed over the past couple of years. You are listening to new and different things now.
It's funny you say that, because I'm pretty much just getting all the metal out of the way right now. Sometimes I wonder if most people's music tastes change at such a rapid pace. I guess I'm just exposing myself to everything, and finding that I like a lot of what I hear.

Waking up, but not able to open my eyes; I'm stuck in a dream. It's frustrating. I need to get out of bed! But I can't... I can't do it... and that's okay, I think. There must be a reason for this. Or maybe not. But in all honesty (and maybe I'm speaking in dishonesty, but why does it concern you?), it doesn't matter. It feels nice. A tender embrace... floating over the urban decay... the possibilities are limitless. And yet I could just stay in bed, and that would be fine, too. I don't know how to articulate this... do you? Who am I speaking to again? Oh right, myself. That's cool.

"The Weight of Gold" on soundcloud. In all seriousness, I haven't listened to anything so oddly comforting in its trippy melancholy since Endtroducing.