View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Fog's first album is honestly only alright IMO. They've grown up a lot since that album, both musically and lyrically. I'm standing behind their upcoming album (whenever the hell it actually comes out) mainly because I know how good the songs are from seeing them plenty of times in the last couple of years. I'm confident that they won't fuck up the production, so I think it'll be a great one.
Glad to hear. I do think they could be a great band, but when I finally got the debut, it didn't hit me as well as I expected.

Quote:
It's trendy in the best possible way. It's an old as hell NWOBHM band releasing a new album on some obscure basement label. It should have been totally forgotten just like any new album by a NWOBHM band that isn't Saxon or Iron Maiden always is, but it got recognition because the album's actually phenomenal. Life Sentence deserves every accolade it gets and as far as I'm concerned, it was the real comeback of the year whereas everyone seems to be harping on Surgical Steel.
This sums it up well. It's a trendy pick because it's on every tr00 metalhead's list (including mine), but it's well-deserved. My top 10 (or 30) in no way coincides with the general taste of any other list I've seen, but somehow Satan manages to break through all of that and get the #11 spot, so I'd say it's definitely trendy.
9/5 - Spell/Manacle