View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 07:40 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
I would agree those two are near the top. Waking Into Nightmares is the best retro-thrash album and will never be beaten, but Dawn of the End ranks up there with Feed The Beast, Citizen Brain, and a few others that top my retro-thrash list. Fog of War definitely has the potential, but I don't love their first album for some reason.
Fog's first album is honestly only alright IMO. They've grown up a lot since that album, both musically and lyrically. I'm standing behind their upcoming album (whenever the hell it actually comes out) mainly because I know how good the songs are from seeing them plenty of times in the last couple of years. I'm confident that they won't fuck up the production, so I think it'll be a great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitydeth View Post
No it's trendy.
It's trendy in the best possible way. It's an old as hell NWOBHM band releasing a new album on some obscure basement label. It should have been totally forgotten just like any new album by a NWOBHM band that isn't Saxon or Iron Maiden always is, but it got recognition because the album's actually phenomenal. Life Sentence deserves every accolade it gets and as far as I'm concerned, it was the real comeback of the year whereas everyone seems to be harping on Surgical Steel.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 12-28-2013 at 07:46 AM.