View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Humanaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Top 5 Albums I Heard This Year That Came Out Other Years

Probably a reallly bad title for this, and I apologize . This list will be of albums/bands that I heard for the first time (or really got into and loved) this year that came out in other years.... not going to finish it all in one night, but let's get this started

1. Gallowbraid - Ashen Eidolon (2010)

It was a nice day at work, I was driving around doing my job, and my phone goes off. It's a text from my girlfriend asking if I had ever heard of the band "Gallowbraid", I reply with the usual "No, i have not! Any good?" and she goes on about how good it is! I get home and check it out... and O-M-G, I fell in love.

This album was the best album I heard all year, and it was released 3 years ago! The best description I can give for Gallowbraid is "It's like Agalloch, but only the good parts.... It's those parts you hear on an Agalloch album that you wish they would keep playing, but they don't." It's what I want to hear when I listen to Agalloch, or any other band like Agalloch... ITS JUST AMAZING. Sure, this EP is only 2 long ass songs and 2 instrumentals, but it is just perfect from beginning to end. My lady even gave me her copy of the disc that she bought... and I think I've listened to it so much that it is worn out!

I could go on for days about how much I love this album.... but I will stop here and post a link to a full album YouTube stream. I would strongly suggest listening to it... and if you don't have time to sit through the 10+ minute songs, MAKE TIME. They will be releasing a full length next year

SUPPORT THIS BAND!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDeOcJLzoX0
This album is amazing so far!!!!!!!!!!!! Dead on with the write up for it. Thanks for the recommendation.