View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Man, totally agree on Carcass. Totally disagree on Skeletonwitch (despite me not really liking Beyond the Permafrost as much a lot of people). I don't know how to feel about you now.
I had such high expectations for Skeletonwitch because everyone loves them, but it just didn't work for me.

On to the list.

Top 30 Albums of 2013

30. Children of Bodom - Halo of Blood

This release sort of came out of nowhere to be awesome. The prior record was a step up for the band, but "Halo of Blood" brought them back to being good. It doesn't reach the brilliance of "Follow the Reaper" or "Hate Crew Deathroll". It seems like they aren't too heavy on the classical elements anymore, but the songwriting is finally interesting again. The title track and "Transference" are the highlights.

29. Lost Society - Fast Loud Death

What makes this album so good is that despite being very straightforward thrash, there's really nothing quite like it. The lead playing is completely bluesy, and the energy on this album is unparalleled. I feel like this band will be boring very quickly (they've already finished recording their next album), but this is definitely an interesting novelty. Standouts are "Trash All Over You" and "KILL (Those Who Oppose Me)".

28. Sodom - Epitome of Torture

When it comes to quality, Sodom is among the most consistent bands ever. While they change their sound often, they always deliver a good record. I think this one fell a bit short of "In War And Pieces", but it is nonetheless a stellar album. My favourites are "Epitome of Torture" and "Stigmatized".

27. Razormaze - Annihilatia

If there were an award for most improved band of 2013, it would go to Razormaze. The prior releases of theirs were ruined by vocals, but it seems like Razormaze has solved that problem. In addition to that, they've taken a more serious and technical approach. Almost like "...And Justice For All"-lite. This album is wicked, and I really hope people check it out because I think a lot of metal fans would like it. The best tracks are "Worshipping The Void" and "Electric Deception".