View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Thanks for all the comments. It's nice to see this much discussion for albums that have been released for such a long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Strange, I only vaguely remember why I didn't like this album. Maybe because it was too orchestraic? I might ought to chalk this one up as one of those albums I didn't spend enough time on. I certainly thought at the time it was weaker than the previous three albums before it.

I don't know if you read where I posted elsewhere, Mono will be recording their next album in the states early next year.
I did see that, and it made me happy. Also, I really didn't spend a lot of time with this album (or their others either), if I'm honest, because in truth it's not every day that I'm feeling in the mood for this type of music, but when I am, they never disappoint, and this album was no exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
That Indesinence album sounds right up my alley. I'll have to check it out.

I remember being really disappointed with that Nile album personally. I just don't think it had that "wow" factor that Those Whom the Gods Detest had and just came off as bland.

Also, I couldn't really get into that Sylosis album. Too groove metal for me.
Wow - I'm shocked that you of all people hadn't listened to Indesinence considering your penchant for death metal and related stuff. Yeah, it's definitely one of the best I heard in 2012. Also, I can see where you're coming from on Nile. "Sethu" was nowhere near as good as "Detest", but luckily for Nile, that can still mean that "Sethu" was very good (primarily because "Detest" was a masterpiece). I suppose my fixation on the sem-title track may have led to some extra fanboying on my part, but I'll also say that I don't think Nile have ever put out a bad record - just that some are better than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Took me 15+ listens but eventually wound up in my Top 10. After seeing a few of the songs you mentioned live I'm glad I kept at it. Incredible drumming...
Glad you kept at it, too. It'd have been a shame to have dismissed this album. I thought it sounded a bit mediocre on first listen, but it grew on me rather quickly. I honestly think it gives "From Mars to Sirius" a real run for its money, and that's not a statement I would make lightly.