View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Here is the primary reason I do these lists - giving well-deserved praise to the albums I loved from each year. So 2012 was another great year, despite getting off to a somewhat slow start. Here are the top 25, in my not-so-humble opinion:

25. Gojira - L-'Enfant Sauvage

I don't think nearly enough noise was made about this album at all in 2012. Frankly, I think it's one of Gojira's best, if for no other reason than it's consistent and there's really not a track on it that makes me want to hit the "skip" button. It was during the tour cycle for this album that I saw Gojira perform live for the first time as well, and they just slayed. Great band with a unique and punishing sound, and as far as I'm concerned this is some of their best work (although their entire catalog is basically awesome). The first three tracks are pure gold, but my favorite on the album has to be "The Gift of Guilt".
Took me 15+ listens but eventually wound up in my Top 10. After seeing a few of the songs you mentioned live I'm glad I kept at it. Incredible drumming...