View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Miley Cyrus makes (well...made) really good up-tempo songs. Party In The USA is awesome. But this is just overdramatic, "look at me, I can be serious when I want to" drek. I think this song got so popular because of when it was released and the "drama" surrounding the meaning behind the (weak-ass) lyrics. Miley needs to grow her hair back and put on a pair of cowboy boots and leave this part of her career behind her.
Agreed. I'm not buying the dramatic singing bullshit when the video has her swinging around naked on a wrecking ball fellating a sledgehammer. Sorry, Miley, but you're all about shock these days and you're not fooling anybody by trying to sing the high drama stuff. Also, please keep your stupid tongue in your mouth. It was OK at first, but now it's just getting fucking annoying.

Quote:
It's a shame that the band that wrote This Love and Harder To Breathe turned into the Adam Levine Show and devolved into terrible singing with cookie-cutter music behind it. Maroon 5 found a shitty formula and they're going to stick with it. I guess it just goes to show that if you have a cute frontman, it doesn't really what kinda music you make - just make it infectious and plaster his goofy face everywhere and make seventy million dollars.
I think you're laying it on a bit too thick here. "One More Night" is extremely addicting (which is what pop is really all about, no?), and "Daylight" makes me want to cry like a girl every time I hear it. (OK, maybe I laid it on a little thick myself just there - quid pro quo.)

Quote:
Pink is not a strong vocalist at all, so whoever told her she is for the past couple of years needs to stop it. The part where she and Nate Ruess from fun go back and forth just kinda reminds me of that SNL sketch with Jennifer Lopez and Mango, going back and forth trying to outdo each other. And it's a shame, because fun makes good pop songs! Just...not with Pink. She just sounds like a terrible singer that thinks she sounds like Christina Aguileria.

Pink's "True Love" is another really REALLY bad song from this year, but this one was overplayed way too much.[/center]
While neither one of the songs you mentioned was particularly strong, saying she sucks as a vocalist is taking things a bit too far. She's no Christina, but she's no Demi Lovato either. (Plus, quality of pipes notwithstanding, I'd still hit that in a heartbeat. )

Quote:
WHAT HAPPENED TO RIHANNA?
Nothing. She was never that good to begin with.

Quote:
Katy thinks making melodramatic, "BE STRONG!" songs are better than upbeat, fun party songs which she actually does halfway decent.
True, but I thought "Firework" was great, and "Roar" isn't really too bad either.

EDIT: Also, you missed a song.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 12-18-2013 at 10:52 PM.