View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Moving on to a more positive note, we start with the top 10 bands I saw this year. I decided to leave Crimson Shadows out of this list simply because I don't think it's really fair to judge them anymore. I saw them 3 times this year, bringing my total to 10, and it's always a wicked show. I'm just glad their music is starting to reach a wider audience.

10. Lich King
July 25
Hard Luck Bar

After many years of hoping to see this band, I was finally able to see the legendary thrashers Lich King! The band is even more hilarious live than they are on record, and though they didn't play my personal favourite track, "Act of War", this was still a great night. The pit was minimal, but it did exist. Tom Martin mocking people as they left or played on their phone was pretty entertaining. Overall, this was a great (albeit very late) night, and I'm already ready for them to come back.

9. Cannibal Corpse
May 31
The Phoenix

Cannibal Corpse is the without question the second greatest death metal band of all-time (behind Death). I didn't get the chance to see them until this year, but it was well worth the wait. The entire set was brutal, with many of my favourite tracks. This was the hottest show I've ever been to, but that couldn't ruin it as Cannibal Corpse was spot on all night. For me personally, the contrast with Napalm Death made this better. I'm not a huge ND fan, and when you see the headliner come on and just absolutely destroy the opener, it makes them even better (though I did enjoy Immolation).
10/18 - King Diamond