View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Death by Metal

Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- Birmingham, AL -- December 7th, 2013

They played two shows in one day with the first one at 3 PM (the one I went to) and the second at 7 PM. I personally don't see how they play for two and a half hours, rest for an hour or so, and play for another two and a half hours. Another thing is I don't see how the venue got everybody out for the first show, and everybody in for the second show within an hour because there were a lot of people there.

The band started about 10 minutes after 3 because they made an announcement about donating $1 off of every ticket sold to a local hospital. The total was $11,900 something which is really cool of the band for doing that.

Their stage was huge, the pyro was big, they played their album The Lost Christmas Eve in its entirety, and Christmas music turned into metal so what more could a person want during this time of the year? If you're border line about seeing them like I was, then go see them! They really blew me away and I'll probably be back every year as long as they keep changing their set. Definitely got my money's worth.

For some reason Alabama got the West Coast version, but it looks like they're playing the same set as the East Coast. Here's the set:

Time And Distance
Winter Palace

The Lost Christmas Eve album:

Faith Noel
The Lost Christmas Eve
Wizards in Winter
Christmas Dreams
Christmas Nights in Blue
Christmas Jam
Siberian Sleigh Ride
What Is Christmas?
For the Sake of Our Brother
Wish Liszt (Toy Shop Madness)
Back to a Reason, Part II
What Child Is This?
Christmas Canon Rock
Different Wings

The Mountain
A Mad Russian's Christmas
Someday
Sparks
Dreams of Fireflies (On a Christmas Night)
Carmina Burana
Beethoven
Requiem (The Fifth)
This Christmas Day
Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) [Savatage Cover]