View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 06:31 AM
N00B

This month I'm running an awesome promotion for bands who want an easy review:

December Holiday Review Madness!

In an effort to further spread the word about great bands and to help our readers solidify their year-end lists, I will be doing a holiday review madness this month! This is an opportunity for bands both known and unknown to get reviewed with relative ease (as long as I can keep up). Here are the rules:

1. Send an email to skullfracturingmetal@gmail.com beginning December 4 or later with the subject: “Holiday Review Madness – [band name]”. Please attach a digital copy of the release you’d like reviewed. Bandcamp links are preferred, but other links are ok too. Releases must be recent (ie: 2011-2013).

2. I will begin reviewing as soon as possible, but the true madness will begin December 18th when I finish school.

3. Releases will be reviewed in the order they are received, with no exceptions. I cannot promise I’ll get to everything, but I’m hoping to knock out 30 or so releases.

4. In order to get through this volume of releases it means I will only be listening to something once when I review it, meaning that if I’m not digging it right away, it could get a bad review. It also means that I’m going to hand out scores lower than 70% if need be.

5. Preferred genres are thrash, power, traditional, and death. Black and doom are ok too. Anything not metal won’t be reviewed, and any other metal subgenres are very much a case of “submit at your own risk”.

Even if you don't play in a band, share this with all of your friends who do. It's a chance for easy promotion!

Also, I just did an interview with Deicide guitarist Kevin Quirion that everyone should check out

http://skullfracturingmetal.blogspot...interview.html