View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 04:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I can. They have a lot of good songs, and most people only hate them because they're supposed to. Metal fans are meant to hate Nickelback, it's one of those rules we're all supposed to follow without looking past the fluffy pop singles.
Get off your high horse of "Metal fans are so narrowminded." I don't hate them because i'm supposed to, or because they aren't heavy, or because they're popular etc. etc. I hate them because they suck. Plain and simple. I've listened to a fair bit of their non-single material, and it's just as bad as their radio singles. I have no problem with a band that sonically sounds as heavy as or plays the same style as Nickelback. I'm an unabashed fan of a lot of similar sounding bands like Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, etc. and while i'm not as big of a fan of those bands as I was say, 6-7 years ago, I still dig 'em. None of those bands are any "heavier" than Nickelback. They generally play the same style of hard rock, just write way, way better songs, with better melodies. Not to mention Shaun Morgan, Benjamin Burnley, and Brent Smith are far superior vocalists than Chad Kroeger.