View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 05:58 AM
N00B

I was at the Madison show last night and I can't begin to describe how disappointed I am. I spent $43 on a ticket and drove 5+ hours for this show (it's a long story why I drove that far) for an hour long performance (9:45 - 10:45) of only 12 songs as a HEADLINER with only 2 opening bands! I was hoping they'd at least play for an hour and a half with 17 or so songs, but I guess that's too much to expect of Dave these days. They also had Tornado of Souls listed on the set (see comments http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megade...-73c4ce61.html) but didn't even play that for some reason. Not to mention the sound quality was horrible - all bass and drums, hardly any guitars and vocals. The down-tuning didn't help either, which was extremely noticeable during Trust and Symphony. All of this was made even more ridiculous considering the fact that the other 2 bands sounded just fine.

Fear Factory was amazing and almost worth the trip themselves, though they also played a short set (unfortunately age has also taken some toll on his vocal range as he could not hit some of the higher notes, ex. Archetype)

1. The Industrialist
2. Shock
3. Edgecrusher
4. Damaged
5. Archetype
6. What Will Become?
7. Demanufacture
8. Replica

Nonpoint was good too, though I don't know any of their songs besides That Day and Bullet with a Name.
01/14 - Dark Tranquillity