View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Overkill is only doing 13 songs this tour too. It's a co-headline with Kreator, but still. I feel like we fans are paying more and more and are getting less and less. I used to routinely go to national headliner shows like Megadeth, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer where the standard was 18+ songs and ticket prices were normal (I paid $10, face value btw to see Bruce Dickinson at a hole in the wall in NYC for the Accident of Birth tour, he played 15 songs).

Now it's like reducing the size of the Big Mac while jacking up the price by 50%. It's so frustrating I can't describe it. No Megadeth show should be anywhere near $40 for 13 songs. But from the band point of view, they are working smart, not hard. If you had to put in a shorter work day but bring in double pay, I'd do it too.
I understand getting a shorter set when it's a co-headlining but Megadeth is the headliner for this tour. It's just unacceptable for a band that's been around for almost 30 years with their catalog to play only 13 songs. Maybe they are working smarter not harder but with the amount of touring they've been doing the last few years, I wonder how much money they're really bringing in from ticket sales? Gigantour sold like shit and I doubt this tour is doing that great for them. In the past year they've tour North America at least three times. The CTE 20th anniversary tour, Gigantour and now this one. There's just no way that Megadeth is that strong of a concert draw today.

I wonder what the true reason is behind their endless touring over the last 3 or 4 years?