View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 07:47 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Slayer -- Montreal, Quebec -- November 23rd, 2013

I didn't think that Slayer would still be that tight. They were tighter than ever or a least as tight as with Jeff (R.I.P.) and Dave. Paul and Gary did not affect the performance at all. Tom's voice was spot on aggressive\angry and he didn't miss a word all night. He seems in really good spirit and seeing the turnout (Cepsum holds 5000 and there was at least 4500) probably didn't hurt. We gave them a huge standing ovation that lasted a good 2 minutes where the band just stood still and smiled at us. The average age of the crowd was maybe a bit higher than your usual metal shows but the beer was flowing and the weed smell was always there all night. The setlist was just fucking brutal and with no break whatsoever for beer\piss refill. I still managed to get 4 more during Mandatory Suicide. When the curtain dropped for Hell Awaits I lost it. There was so many highlights that I just can't name them all but the 3 Hell Awaits songs were pretty fucking special to me... After that show I have to make peace with the fact that Jeff is no more there nor Dave ... That's the best we can get of Slayer well I'll take it.

Gojira has to be the heaviest band around. It was my 3 rd time seeing them and the best. I loved every minute of their set. Highlight for me was Flying Whales and L'enfant Sauvage. Cool that Joe was able to do his talking between songs in french. 4Arm were really good too.

All in all a really great show.

Gojira

Explosia
The Axe
Backbone
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
Flying Whales
L'Enfant Sauvage
Toxic Garbage Island
Vacuity

Slayer

Hell Awaits