View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 01:20 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Very interesting you say that. I would say the exact same thing about Agalloch's Ashes Against the Grain.
Ah, my favorite Agalloch album! I do think Ashes Against the Grain sounds great, but to my ears anyway, it has that tiny layer of bright polish that kind of sonically dates it to the 2000s. Don't get me wrong, Ashes is an an awesomely produced album, I just prefer The Tenant sonically. Ironically, I'm almost certain that the members of Agalloch would agree with me (I'm not counting Aesop of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
That sounds like a crazy fun day! Not sure how you manage all this since you sound so busy in school, but glad to hear how well this went.

I'm also convinced that the combination of San Francisco and LA has by far the best metal scene in North America, even today.
Yeah, I don't know how I pulled it off either haha. This is only one of like two shows that I've gone to for like 3 months. I wouldn't say LA has a good scene, so much as it has a strong collection of bands. I don't feel anything close to the communal spirit that the bay has. SF has been exploding over the past year or so. There's another revival of rad underground metal happening up there, it's just up to the more well known bands to actually go out and play a show or two. Black metal, doom, stoner, thrash, traditional, randomfuckweirdshit- the bay has got fricken everything right about now.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16