View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:09 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I liked this weeks episode but it also showcased a major flaw that the show has which has bothered me since season 2. Once a supporting character has their big breakout moment and shows signs of development, they kill them off or in Carol's case write them out of the show.

Shane, Dale, Meryl, Andrea and T-Dog were all killed off once their characters started becoming interesting. Not so much with T-Dog, but before he died last season they made it look like he was going to have a bigger role. I don't understand why they do this? It's still a good show but it would be more entertaining if they kept a few of these characters around after they finally started to standout on their own.
I always think as soon as a someone starts getting more screen/character development time they will be killed within a few episodes. I am not really sure what the writers motivation is to do this.

*season 2 spoilers below*

However in regards to Shane I feel he was actually one of the best developed characters on the show. His story arc was completed as it led to an inevitable confrontation with Rick that only one of them could walk away from. He lasted much longer than Shane did in the comic as well.
04/24 - Nile