View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

^ Sadly, I was not. It was on my list, but I was watching the kids on Friday night. I didn't get a sitter because I've been to several shows recently, not to mention that I'm shipping out for yet another business trip in about nine hours (this one is all week), so I figured I'd rather spend time with the kids than see Pelican again. I saw them at MDF a few months ago (and they played two new tracks that night), plus they're the band I've seen more than any other, so I'll live.

Still sounds like it was a killer show, though. I'd have liked to check them out at the Agora - that place is pretty awesome (always was).

By the way, Petrovar - don't know if you'd heard, but the folks who ran Peabody's are basically taking over The Agora from what I've been told, so all the shows that would have been booked at Peabody's will now be at The Agora from now on. That's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. I have so many great memories of that place. One of the loudest shows I've ever heard was Motorhead at The Agora back in the late 80's / early 90's. I also saw Slayer during the South of Heaven era in that place. One of the largest and most energetic pits I've seen still to this day.