View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 02:18 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Ah, okay. I'm assuming CD will always be your preferred listening format anyway.

Just in case that's not the case though, the more dust the vinyl attracts the more staticky and poppy it will be. I'm trying to eliminate this problem in my own collection, and have succeeded I think as much as I can without buying finer inner and outer sleeves. The lesser the dust in there, the better.
Oh yeah, CD will always win that competition.

I always figure with dust, if you put the inner sleeve into the out one so that the openings alternate (i.e. inner sleeve opening faces outer sleeve spine), and then the same thing with outer sleeve into poly-sleeve, then the dust has got to perform some serious chicane-turning shit to get to the vinyl, so it it makes it, it deserves it

I was thinking about whether it's worth getting some of those thin inner poly sleeves. I read that long term, paper sleeves suck because the paper deteriorates and sticks to the vinyl. A couple of the ones I've bought have come in inner poly sleeves, and I think you can buy them, although they seem scarcer than the thick outer ones.

20/11 Threshold
27/11 Accept
16/12 Metal All-Stars